Wednesday 7 April 2010

My thoughts on 23 Things

I am very glad I've done this programme, and also that finally I can have a break from it! Doing it largely in my own time, during a few months which have been very busy and very stressful, have made it a bit of an ordeal, and there have been times when I thought I was going to be prevented from finishing on time, just by unfortunate events.
So I actually feel that it's a small, but significant, achievement.

Looking back, I realise I knew so little about web 2.0 before I started. Well, let's be honest, I didn't even know what it meant, though of course I knew some of its aspects without that label. There was a lot to learn, therefore, and I have! Not only have I gleaned practical knowledge about using the technology (and isn't it great that there are so many programmes free on the net!), but I have also gained insight into how it can be (and is) used by libraries in various ways.

My favourite thing just has to be actually blogging. And my least favourite? Twitter, closely followed by LinkedIn and such networking tools. It's fine if that's what you want to do, but I don't. Because of time constraints I haven't really done many of the 'other things', which I regret - but will perhaps be able to catch up on this at a later date.

Reading the blogs of others doing 23 Things has proved fascinating, and an inspiration in that so many people have uploaded such marvellous photos etc. There is clearly so much I could do if I wanted to get into this kind of thing properly. One day, maybe.

I've had a few ideas about how we could potentially use web 2.0 in our department, but whether that will become a reality remains to be seen.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting to the end! Glad you've found it useful!

    ReplyDelete